Selasa, 10 Maret 2009

Where have you been?

I thought i knew all people around me, guess what? I did not.
I thought i can see well to people's eyes, guess what? i could not.
I thought i care enough for other people around me, guess what? i care not.
The last few days has been a catastrophic reminder for me, of how indifference and self centeredness can occupy my mind.
I lost my concentration on several things, i forgot things that are important to me, even i forgot my friends. I lost contact with some of my friends, and when someone mention them to me, i completely forgot their names. I can remember faces, but names are the idle things that missed my memory storage.
Again, there is a certain person that close to me for some time, i see her almost every day, but i didn't realize that she's pregnant until her pregnancy enter the 6th month, how stupid and mindless i've been.
Next, i join a committee for special event, it's true that i enter that committee in the middle of the process. Two days a go a person outside my committee scold me (in a very polite and calm way), of how unprofessional the committee has been. My pride hurt, my ego collided, but that person shed some light to my awareness. I've been a total just-wannabe-by-myself-doing-my own-thing person. I didn't care much for the progress of the event, and i've been clueless for the other committee members around me.
Last, but not least, last night i watched (for the second time) a Japanese movie titled Train Man. I simple movie about a cyber freak who falls in love with a steady woman, and almost lost her because of his coward self. The woman has to waken him up to realizes the importance of himself in other's eyes, especially hers. From that movie i learn that there is no perfect human in this round place we call earth. A person can be perfect only if that person surrounded by other person/people. It's no use to try so hard in achieving perfectness, just by our own effort, because perfectness in physical self can diminished with time. When we with someone else, we will be perfect because we care for that other person, and not just become a narcisstic-kind-of-a-person.
Hard ? yup! we tend to seek benefit from others, we tend to be close with someone who can give us something. But, i think it will not hurt my pride and self to put aside a bit of my ego and care for other more.
We'll see the progress...soon i hope.

2 komentar:

Unknown mengatakan...

ngmg2... film TRAIN MAN nya berapa episode miss??? terus ceritanya bagus ngga??? drama komedi ato murni drama?? hehehehhehe..

Vidya mengatakan...

Train man 1 episode karena ini film. Buat saya sih, buagus banget, simple tapi dalam. Kalau film Jepang saya pikir setengah - setengh untuk semuanya. Ada komedi, tapi nggak banyak. Film ini nunjukkin kalau manusia itu, meskipun tampak sempurna, tapi rapuh banget.