Sabtu, 18 Juli 2009

19 July 2009


It's been six days, since my arrival in Perth. A lot of things had happened.

Monday, 13th of July. I got on the plane in Ngurah Rai Bali, i saw the blue ocean and wave, waving me goodbye. That time i cried a bit. Covered up my eyes with my hand. At 3.00 PM i saw the land of Australia. Amazingly flat...but something caught my eyes. The land, coloured in dark red, forming silhouette of trees. Yes, when i saw from the plane, the river or roads, shaped like giant trees with lots of branches. At almost 4.00 PM i saw green everywhere, i asked an Australian beside me whether it is Perth or not, she said 'maybe...i hope'. I think she missed her homeland very much.

I arrived at 4.00 PM in Perth Airport, welcomed by chill wind (it is winter here). I have to go through custom that inspect my luggage (put it on the XRays), and i ready to enter Perth. I was picked up by Naomi (my homestay owner). I put my luggage in her car, and we drove home. Very near from the Airport.

The next day, she took me touring the suburb and city of Perth. I live in Carlisle suburb, city of Perth is only 20 minutes by car from where i live. I visited the bank, the university, and back home. On Wednesday, i went to the consulate to report myself as an Indonesian citizen abroad. On Thursday, i visited Edith Cowan University with a friend of mine. It's a wow. 

Friday, we have orientation in ECU. I took some unit to enrolled in and got my Student ID. Everything is computerized and online. I can even change my class schedule through the internet.

Saturday, i visited a church friend whom had a birthday party. I met a lot of Indonesian people. All of them married to foreigners (Australian, German, etc.) I realized i have a lot of new friends. 

On Sunday, i went to the Riverview church. It felt wonderful to have God's word spoken in my ear, and singing praises to Him. From church, me, Naomi and James went to eat at Happy Meals (no, it's not McDonald branch), Chinese Restaurant. Great meals, yet high price too. 

Well, that's all for now. I want to tell you more, but the chill breeze make me sleepy.

Cu

3 komentar:

joanne mengatakan...

Welcome to the land down under!!!!
wkakakakka

Pamela mengatakan...

wouwww..miss, by reading it..I know you got wonderful day there..enjoy your day, miss!! =D

Unknown mengatakan...

Enjoy your life in Australia miss....


Teguh